Uni-Pixel, Inc. NASDAQ: UNXL
Microvision, Inc. NASDAQ: MVIS
Challenge: Company developing next generation laser based projection systems. Company had month cash burn rate of $1.7MM and had less than one month of cash on hand and approximately $12MM in debt maturing in 9 months. What MDB Delivered:
- Worked with COO to reorganize Board of Directors and elevate him to CEO in the process.
- Advised on strategy to raise capital that would not trigger anti-dilution clauses from previous financings.
- Advised on strategy to repay debt holders without triggering dilutive covenants.
- Devised approach to reposition the perception of the company with investors and focus on pico projector market.
- Executed 2 financings totaling $33MM to repay debt and give ample operating capital to enable smooth transition to a new business strategy.
VirnetX Holding Corporation NASDAQ: VHC
Medivation Inc. NASDAQ: MDVN
Challenge: Start up company with three employees that had licensed technology for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Company unsuccessful in raising material amount of capital to enter clinical trials. What MDB Delivered:
- Repositioned company as a “virtual” pharmaceutical company that creates value with promising compounds in a focused “capital light” strategy.
- Successfully crafted and communicated unique company strategy.
- Completed reverse merger with $14MM financing.
- Market value transitioned from $10MM to over $400MM in less that 24 months and reached over $800MM in peak market value.
Lipid Sciences NASDAQ: LIPD
Challenge: Australian inventor that had developed novel technology to remove lipids from plasma as treatment for cardio-vascular disease. What MDB Delivered:
- Helped form company that was positioned to treat many disorders where lipids are a key component.
- Recruited management and Board members and legal and accounting professionals.
- Put in place key outsourced R&D and manufacturing agreements.
- Raised in excess of $80MM in private placements and merger financing.
- Took company from inception to over $200MM in market value in 18 months.
Hollis Eden Pharmaceuticals, Inc NASDAQ: HEPH
Challenge: Start up company with a licensed hormone analog for the Treatment of HIV. Company was looking to finance clinical trials What MDB Delivered:
- Positioned company with a powerful platform technology capable of multiple uses
- Arranged seed capital
- Recruited board and directors and key management to assist in execution of strategy
- Sourced public company and executive merger and financings aggregating approximately $50MM
- Market value of shares reached approximately $200MM in 18 months from when we started and over $800MM peak market value.